Dental crowns are custom-made ceramic restorations. They cover a tooth entirely and help to treat oral conditions such as cracked, chipped, worn out, or damaged teeth. Along with giving an aesthetic uplift, they also restore the functionality of the teeth and support them structurally.
What are dental crowns used for?
- Crowns can restore teeth that got chipped due to external trauma.
- They can change the shape of naturally misshapen teeth.
- They restore cracked teeth to their original form and structure.
- They can hold a severely fractured tooth intact.
- They help restore a tooth that has faced excessive wear.
- They support a tooth that houses a large filling.
- They serve as a replacement tooth along with dental implants (the visible tooth-like extension in an implant is a ceramic crown).
- They support a dental bridge.